Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another marginal night

TUESDAY NIGHT: I really don't remember much except that when Kate woke up calling out for Ken at 5am asking for help putting her cape on (yes she's totally obsessed with the new purple cape), I remember thinking "was Mariah up all night or was that just a dream... it must have been a dream because I don't feel that bad." After getting a recount of the events of the evening from Ken, I learned the truth. Mariah woke up at 12:30 and between then and 1:15 Ken went back and forth between our room and hers putting her back to sleep, sometimes not needing to pick her up and sometimes rocking her. She did cry out one more time at 1:17, but then she put herself back to sleep. Yay! (I guess).

Everyone was up around 7:30. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!

Mariah's Wednesday Diet:
Millet
Blueberries (and apples)
Peas
Carrots

Mariah fell asleep in the car on the way home from dropping Kate off at school with her fruit and yogurt parfait "cake" that she will share with her friends for her special birthday snack. There was a new girl in class today with her mom and she remembered Kate's name when she walked in and said "That's Kate!" This is encouraging. Hopefully, the kids in the class are getting to a level where they will be interacting with her more so that she'll start talking about how she plays with the other kids in the class and not just the teachers. Kate walked into class this morning and walked right up to Teacher Leora and said "I got a new bike!" She's riding it like a pro around the house. I can't wait to get her outside.

The rest of the morning was rather lack luster. I ended up doing pretty much nothing except making 4 signs for the party and wandering around wondering where to start. Ken took me out for Jamba Juice to cheer me up. Then he went out and picked Kate up. She was a little out of control so I helped her calm down for her nap with a book. Of course I ended up falling asleep with her. Jackie came home from the park with Mariah at around 1:30 I think. Mariah cried a little but not too much. She was able to put herself to sleep.

The afternoon was fun with presents, and bike rides and making cake. We concluded with a birthday dinner, presents and what ended up being a late bed time for everyone. I think Mariah had two POOPS today. She ate well at dinner, only had about 4 ounces of formula this evening and then about 2 of the 6 ounces of chamomile tea and formula before bed. The castor oil massage was short because she was so tired and grumpy. She had some trouble settling down because she was over tired and she did fuss a little at about 9:30 but she was able to go back to sleep. Kate was really wound up but eventually fell asleep at around 10:00.

All in all, I think Kate had a good birthday. I'm hopeful that Mariah will sleep through the night and that Ken will wake up feeling better in the morning (did I mention he thinks his hernia is back?? - how frustrating for him).

No comments: